The ABC’s of Composition Series – Part 1 the Rule of Thirds
1 – the Rule of Thirds
Composition is not for the faint at heart lol. It is the foundation of your painting. It is your plan that helps you to execute what you want to say, what experience you want your viewer to have. I
I remember years ago when I
There are many factors
when it comes to composition; below I have listed some of the things to consider.
- You should not divide your picture in half by placing lines or objects in the center diagonally, horizontally or vertically. Ex:
- As a general rule,
you shouldhave a center of interest or focal point.
- You want to lead the viewers’ eye around all the parts of your painting.
- Your subject should not be facing out of the
- You need to make sure your viewer’s eye has areas to rest.
- Do not have your items all the same size or equally spaced in your painting.
- You need to have a dominance of either cool or warm and light or dark you do not want these to have equal weight.
I could list many more but I think this gives you an idea of how many things there are to consider and
Please do not